This syrup is used in the Prickly Pear and Rose Caipirinha. It is a relatively straightforward syrup to make. You can skip a step by purchasing reasy made rosewater from purveyors of middle eastern food.
The syrup has a strong floral aroma. Start with small doses. It can become overwhelming quickly.
- 1cuprose petals
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Remove from heat, stir in the rose petals, and cover the pan.
- Let stand 1 hour. Strain and discard the petals.
- Return the rose water to the pan and add the sugar.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Let cool.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 month.