- 1cuppitted Bing cherries
- 2vanilla beanshalved lengthwise
- 15gstar anise
- 10whole cloves
- 10gwhole green cardamom pods
- 5gblack peppercorns
- 15gfennel seeds
- 2five inch lengths of dried licorice root
- 1 1/2 4inchlengths of cinnamon sticks
- 750mlbottle overproof rye
- In a glass jar with a tight fitting lid, combine cherries, vanilla beans, star anise, cloves, cardamom, peppercorns, fennel seed, licorice and cinnamon sticks.
- Seal lid tightly and shake vigorously to mix well.
- Set aside to rest for three months at room temperature in a dark space.