- 1 cup dried figs
- 2 fresh figs cut in half
- 10 g whole green cardamom pods
- 10 g whole cloves
- 1 vanilla bean split
- 1 1/2 3 inch cinammon stick
- Strips of zest from 3 oranges
- 2 tablespoon cinchona bark
- 1 teaspoon gentian root
- 1/4 cup dried orange peel
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 750 ml bottle of overproof rye
- In a glass jar with a tight fitting lid, combine all dry ingredients.
- Top with rye.
- Seal tightly and shake vigorously to mix well.
- Let mixture rest at room temperature in a dark space for 3 months.
- Strain with a fine mesh sieve before serving.