- 1 pound trimmed fresh rhubarb
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound granulated sugar
- 10 g ⅓ oz malic acid
- Dice the rhubarb into small pieces.
- Simmer the rhubarb over low heat, stirring occcasionaly, for 30-45 minutes.
- Midway through the cooking process gently mash the rhubarb to break the veins and release the flavor.
- Blend the cooked rhubarb and water on high for 30 seconds.
- Strain the juice through cheesecloth. Squeezing to get as much liquid out as you can.
- Heat the rhubarb juice and sugar in a pan until the sugar is dissolved.
- Fine strain the syrup and funnel into bottles.