Make your own blackberry brandy.
Blackberry Brandy Recipe
Making Blackberry Brandy is one of the best things you can do this summer. Especially if you live on Vancouver Island. Blackberries are everywhere. If you don’t gorge yourself on blackberries just walking down the road you’re doing it wrong. In this post we are going to show you how to make blackberry brandy.
Of course, picking an abundance of blackberries means you need to have a lot of ideas for keeping them. In our house that means a lot of blackberry jam, ice cream, blackberry lime shrub, and this blackberry brandy.
How to Make Blackberry Brandy
- This blackberry brandy is made by infusing a fruit brandy with blackberries.
- This blackberry liqueur doesn’t require any resting time so you can drink it right away.
- You can make this blackberry brandy recipe with vodka if you wish.
Blackberry has such a fantastic flavor, but this recipe can be adapted to use most fruit cordial recipes if you wish. Try it with our rhubarb cordial, elderflower cordial, or gooseberries.
If you don’t want to drink this all in one go there is enough alcohol that it will last. But pour yourself a shot right right away.
- 1cupeau de viepisco, or grappa or other unaged fruit brandy.
- Ground cloves
- Ground ginger
- Ground cinnamon
- Make a blackberry puree: Cook the blackberries in a saucepan with 3/4 cups of sugar and 1/2 cup water. Add the ginger, cloves and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and gently simmer for 5 minutes.
- Make a simple syrup: Combine 3/4 cups sugar and 1/2 cup of water in another saucepan. Bring the sugar and water to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Combine the blackberry puree and the simple syrup.
- Strain the combined syrups through a cheesecloth into a large bowl.
- Add the Eau de Vie