I was flipping through Jerry Thomas’ Bon Vivant’s Companion looking for another recipe when I came across this recipe for Orgeat Punch. I thought I’d share it here. Sweet almond syrup, brandy, and a port wine float.
- 1 1/2 oz brandy
- 3/4 oz orgeat syrup
- 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
- port wine float
- fresh seasonal berries for garnish
- Fill a julep glass or a Collins glass with crushed ice.
- Combine brandy, lemon juice and orgeat in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain into prepared glass.
- Float port wine on top of cocktail.
- Garnish with fresh berries.