- 1 cup pitted Bing cherries
- 2 vanilla beans, halved lengthwise
- 15 g star anise
- 10 whole cloves
- 10 g whole green cardamom pods
- 5 g black peppercorns
- 15g fennel seeds
- 2 five inch lengths of dried licorice root
- 1 1/2 4 inch lengths of cinnamon sticks
- 750 ml bottle overproof rye
- In a glass jar with a tight fitting lid, combine cherries, vanilla beans, star anise, cloves, cardamom, peppercorns, fennel seed, licorice and cinnamon sticks.
- Seal lid tightly and shake vigorously to mix well.
- Set aside to rest for three months at room temperature in a dark space.